What is exactly is an Infrared Sauna?
Sweating inside a heated area has been utilized since the Ancient Greeks and is still practiced today (hot yoga and traditional saunas). When you sweat, you are expelling any toxins or chemicals that have built up in your body – whether they are from things you ingested (processed foods) or anything you have been exposed to (chemicals in cleaning products, etc.).
Think about what purpose a fever has when you are sick. A fever exists due to the fact that your body has heated up – which causes you to sweat and allows your body to try to expel the virus that is causing your illness.
Infrared Saunas are NOT like traditional saunas at most fitness facilities that utilize hot rocks and steams to create heat. Unlike traditional saunas that simply heat the air around your body, Infrared Saunas use invisible infrared waves to penetrate your body at a much deeper level – which allows the fat to burn at a higher rate and provide you with a deeper, more detoxifying sweat. Studies have shown that with each 30-minute Infrared Sauna session, you can burn up to 600 calories – simply by sitting and relaxing!
What are the benefits?
Multiple studies have shown the following results of using an Infrared Sauna:
- Simulates a full-body reaction similar to a moderate workout
- Increased sweating which allows your body to release toxins at a higher rate
- Assists with circulating oxygen
- Stimulates collagen
- Burns calories
- Assists with pain relief due to the heat
- Improves your overall skin’s appearance by increasing oxygenation and collagen
- Reduces stress
- Increases heart rate
- Provides energy and reduces fatigue
- Increases your metabolism (for a lasting effect, schedule sessions multiple times a week)
Who would benefit from this treatment?
Many people can benefit from an infrared sauna, especially those that cannot tolerate the heat from a regular sauna.
We recommend that you utilize the Infrared Sauna 3 – 4 times a week (30 minutes each session). Clients who have purchased a membership can visit the sauna up to 1x a day.
Studies have also shown that infrared saunas are beneficial to people with chronic health conditions such as high blood pressure, heart failure, arthritis, and more. As always, we recommend you consult with a Physician before trying an Infrared Sauna (or any other treatments). Overall, we do not recommend this treatment for anyone who is pregnant.
Helpful tips for using an Infrared Sauna:
- Start with short sessions and potentially a lower temperature setting (our Body Contouring Techs will assist you), if you are new to Infrared Saunas.
- Drink water! Lots of water! We recommend you drink your body weight (in ounces) in water every day to help promote weight loss. When using an Infrared Sauna, you will sweat – a lot! In order to prevent yourself from becoming dehydrated (and feeling dehydrated), you will want to drink a lot of water before and after a session.
- Wear loose clothing or go naked! If you are visiting our infrared sauna before work or on your lunch break, bring a change of clothes or wrap yourself in a towel (we provide you with towels) during your session.
How do I book a treatment?
The easiest way to book an Infrared Sauna treatment is to call any of our locations to find an available time that works with your schedule. You can also book online (with some of our locations) by visiting this page. If you are new to Body Lyft System, we are offering Free $50 Gift Card & Free Consultation for a limited time so hurry up! What are you waiting for?