LED therapy has become increasingly popular over the last few years, and for good reason. After all, it promises to fight acne and signs of aging with the use of light technology. In fact, LED is often used as a step in professional facials for anti-aging.
But how exactly does LED therapy work? In short, it works by emitting infrared lights in different wavelengths/ spectrum’s, which have different skincare benefits. Sounds simple right? Now that we understand the basics, let’s dive into the details and benefits.
1. How Does LED therapy Work?
As mentioned above, various wavelengths and spectrums of infrared are emitted and each of these spectrums have different benefits. For example, amber light stimulates collagen and elastin and red light promote circulation. Additionally, white light works to tighten and reduce inflammation and blue light kills bacteria.
LED therapy devices send light waves deep into the skin to trigger a natural intracellular reaction. Your skin will respond differently depending on which light is used. No need to worry, the light doesn’t cause any burns or skin damage. And even better it’s virtually painless! In fact, most people find it to be pretty relaxing.
2. The Benefits
Now it’s time to talk about all the amazing benefits of LED therapy.
- Reduces Fine Lines and Wrinkles: As I mentioned above, one of the major benefits of LED therapy (specifically with the red light) is anti-aging. LED therapy is proven to have anti-aging effects as it helps stimulate collagen and elastin production.
- Improves Uneven Skin Tone and Redness: Red therapy also helps to strengthen the skin, thanks to the additional collagen production making the skin more resilient. This comes in handy when treating rosacea and reducing redness. Additionally red light LED therapy helps aid the healing process. So, it is useful for healing blemishes, repairing sun damage, fading scars and improving overall skin tone.
- Pain-Free: Another huge plus to LED therapy is that it is completely pain-free. Most people relate the feeling to lying in the sun, and many fall asleep. It is a relaxing and pain-free approach to treating skin concerns such as hyperpigmentation and adult acne.
- Good for All Skin Types: Additionally, LED therapy is the only skin care treatment that has no contraindications. It is good for all skin types, colors, and conditions. It is also safe for the eyes and cannot be overused. However, it is best to manufacturer’s instructions.
LED Light Therapy Summary
In short, LED is great for reducing the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles, improving uneven skin tone, reducing pores size, and brightening the skin. It is a pain-free, all-inclusive skincare treatment that is extremely effective! It helps stimulate collagen and elastin production in a relaxing and effective way. So make sure to give it a try!
Ready to schedule your LED facial? Get in contact with us! The Body Lyft System provides customized treatment protocols for all ages and body types based on each individual need, thus ensuring the highest opportunity for results at costs more inexpensive than a personal trainer.
Not only do we offer treatments to improve your body’s overall appearance, we also offer skin care treatments including derma-plane, facials, chemical peels, organic peels, micro-needling, LED Light Therapy, and more.
Please note that individual results may vary.