Whole body vibration can offer many fitness and health benefits. Among these benefits is, of course, weight loss. If you have ever wanted to tone and firm specific areas of the body, our whole body vibration platform is for you.
But what exactly is a vibration platform? How does whole body vibration aid weight loss? And finally, are there any proven benefits of whole body vibration? Let’s dive into a bit more detail about Body Lyft’s Vibration Platform, and answer a few common questions about whole body vibration.
1. How It Works
First, let’s talk about how whole-body vibration works. Basically, you stand, sit or lie on a machine with a vibrating platform. As the machine vibrates, it transmits energy to your body, forcing your muscles to contract and relax dozens of times each second.
The contraction and subsequent relaxation of the muscles burn energy, just like exercise. Because whole body vibration causes your muscles to react a dozen times each second, it doesn’t take long for you to feel like you’re exerting yourself.
The vibrations stimulate a reflex contraction within the muscle, which leads to a high level of muscle activation and exertion.
2. The Benefits
Now that we understand how whole-body vibration works, let’s talk about the benefits. One of the major benefits is weight loss. In fact, you can burn more than 170 calories in just five minutes! However, the benefits of whole-body vibration don’t stop there. Some other amazing benefits include:
- Improves lymphatic drainage
- Decreases blood pressure
- Improved circulation
- Beneficial for your bone density
- Strengthens and tones muscles
- Improves posture
- Reduces back pain
As you can see, the benefits of whole-body vibration go beyond weight loss. And when you combine whole body vibration with healthy eating, it’s a powerful mix! By burning more energy than you consume, you will begin to burn fat from the body’s fat stores.
3. Is Whole Body Vibration Right For You?
Whole body vibration is great for anyone looking to lose weight. However, there are a few qualities that would make you a great candidate.
- Quick and Easy: If you have a busy lifestyle and don’t have enough hours in the day to go to the gym, whole body vibration is a great option for you. One of the great things about a vibration machine is how fast and easily you can do a workout. Just a few times a week is enough to feel the benefits without the need to strain and exhaust the body.
- Low Impact: Whole Body Vibration exerts little stress on your body. It’s a low impact exercise and requires minimal effort, you can simply stand or sit on the machine to feel the benefits. Work your way up to different poses and postures as strength and flexibility improve. For example, if you suffer from sore and aching legs, ankles and feet, an effective move is to simply lay flat on the floor with the vibration plate positioned under the lower calves to feet. This is such a great way to relieve and soothe this common problem area.
The Whole Body Vibration Takeaway
All in all, whole body vibration is a great way to lose weight while experiencing many other benefits. This treatment stimulates your muscles, improve lymphatic drainage, decreases blood pressure, increases circulation and much more! So make sure to give it a try!
Ready to experience the benefits of Body Lyft’s Vibration Platform for yourself? Get in contact with us! The Body Lyft System provides customized treatment protocols for all ages and body types based on each individual’s needs, thus ensuring the highest opportunity for results at costs more inexpensive than a personal trainer.
Not only do we offer treatments to improve your body’s overall appearance, we also offer skin care treatments including derma-plane, facials, chemical peels, organic peels, micro-needling, LED Light Therapy, and more.