Infrared saunas can produce the same infrared heat as sunlight, which is necessary for all living things to be optimally healthy. This radiant heat increases thermal energy in muscles, tissues, and joints. When used as part of a healthy lifestyle, an infrared sauna can help to live well with ailments or chronic illnesses.
Infrared heat is all around you, and you could feel it from sources such as fire, sun (without the harmful UV waves), and hot sand on the beach. Just as visible light has a wavelength range (from red to purple), so is infrared light. Longer or far-infrared wavelengths are thermal, while short or near-infrared waves aren't hot at all - that is not even felt. Near-infrared and mid-infrared rays increase the benefits of the far-infrared rays.
In an infrared sauna, only 20% of heat is used to heat the air, and the remaining 80% to heats your body directly. Heat penetrates deeper than hot air. This allows you to experience more intense sweating at a lower temperature. This environment is more bearable, allowing you to stay in the sauna longer while raising your body temperature by 2-3 degrees.
THE TOP HEALTH BENEFITS OF INFRARED SAUNA
1. Temporary Relief from Muscle Pain
The use of infrared sauna as a healthy lifestyle part intensifies the temporary increase in blood flow to the muscles and can provide temporary relief from arthritis pain. Muscles relax better when the tissues are warm to allow greater flexibility and a wide range of motion. Far-infrared heat can help relieve muscle tension by increasing the heat energy in your muscles.
2. Weight Loss and Increased Metabolism
According to the Journal of the American Medical Association, regular sauna use provides a similar boost to the cardiovascular system as jogging. When you relax in the temperate infrared heat, your body works hard to produce sweat, pumps blood, and burns calories. As your body secretes sweat to cool down, your heart works hard to pump blood at a high rate to stimulate blood circulation. This increase in the rate of metabolism can help in burning calories.
3. Detoxification of Body
It is known that sweating is a great way to get rid of stored chemicals - including heavy metals. A sauna is one of the detoxification procedures used in the environmental units in some countries where the sickest people go to heal.
4. Relieve Stiffness and Joint Pain
Infrared heat can temporarily relieve stiffness and joint pain. The increase in heat energy to the joints can temporarily increase blood flow. Increased thermal energy can reduce stiffness and increase range of motion.
5. Improves the Skin
It only takes a few minutes in the sauna to sweat a lot, which helps in releasing impurities from the pores. The temporary increase in local blood helps reduce the risk of certain chronic skin diseases.
6. Reduction of Stress and Fatigue
Spending just some time in the warmth of an infrared sauna allows you to feel relaxed, refreshed, and rejuvenated.
7. Better Sleep
Maintaining a cool body temperature is important for sleep. You can change the thermoregulation process of your body by warming your body in an infrared sauna and then letting it cool down. This rapid cooling speeds up the process that allows your brain to fall asleep. The result is a cool body prepared for sleep.
HOW DO YOU USE AN INFRARED SAUNA?
Many people perform infrared sauna treatments in spas, health clubs, or doctors’ offices, while others buy and build one in their own homes. If you decide to try an infrared sauna, it is important to know that it does not have general instructions. There are guidelines you can follow, but you must ultimately decide how to use an infrared sauna.
Here are some tips to help you get started.
- Stay Hydrated: Make sure you are well-hydrated before entering the infrared sauna. Drink a glass of water before your session. You can also bring water into the sauna, especially if you are sensitive to high temperatures.
- Select the Temperature: The average temperature for an infrared sauna is between 100°F - 150°F. Beginners starting on the low side and experienced users on the high side.
- Length of Time: For new users, start with 10-15 minutes. You can add time for each session until you reach the recommended time of 20-30 minutes. Saunas have a timer, so be sure to set it up because you do not want to stay long there and risk drying out.
- Clothing: How you dress is your choice. Some people wear bathing suits, while others prefer to be naked.
- Activates that Can Be Done in the Sauna: Relax, meditate, read, listen to music, or visit friends. Just don't sleep.
- After The Session: When your session is over, it is suggested that you take your time and let your body cool down. After cooling down, you can take a bath. Just make sure you drink plenty of water.
- Some Weekly Sessions: Most facilities that offer infrared saunas recommend using a sauna 3 - 4 days a week. If you are healthy and can endure the four days, you can use the sauna every day.
WHAT DO YOU NEED TO KNOW BEFORE TRYING AN INFRARED SAUNA?
Before indulging in the first session, you should know some important things.
- If you feel sick or have a fever, it is best to wait until you feel better.
- Avoid using an infrared sauna if you drink alcohol.
- Using an infrared sauna will make you sweat a lot, so you may feel dizzy while standing. If this happens, make sure you get up slowly and sit down after leaving the sauna. Drink water immediately after finishing your treatment and wait for the body to cool down before doing other activities.
- In extreme cases, some people may experience overheating (heat exhaustion and heat stroke) or dehydration.
If you suffer from health conditions such as heart problems, high blood pressure, or are under medical care, consult your doctor before your first session. Although it has been proven that infrared saunas are quite safe – but you still do not want to take any risks when it comes to your health and safety.
The easiest way to book an appointment is to call any of our locations to find an available time that works with your schedule. You can also book online (with some of our locations). If you are new to Body Lyft System, we are offering Free $50 Gift Card & Free Consultation for a limited time so hurry up! What are you waiting for?