It shouldn’t be surprising to learn that there are toxins in our environment. In fact, there are toxins in our water, air, food, etc. Sometimes our body can become overwhelmed by these toxins and chemicals, which can hinder its functions.
That’s where detoxification comes in. By removing and eliminating toxins, then feeding your body with healthy nutrients, detoxifying can help protect you from disease and renew your ability to maintain optimum health. So how exactly does detoxification work? What are some ways to naturally detoxify your body?
1. How Detoxification Works
Basically, detoxification involves cleansing the blood. This is done by removing impurities from the blood in the liver, where toxins are processed for elimination. The body also eliminates toxins through the kidneys, intestines, lungs, lymphatic system, and skin.
Detoxification can aid the body’s natural cleansing process by:
- Resting the organs through fasting
- Stimulating the liver to drive toxins from the body
- Promoting elimination through the intestines, kidneys, and skin
- Improving circulation of the blood
- Refueling the body with healthy nutrients.
Detoxing might be right for you if you are experiencing:
- Unexplained fatigue
- Sluggish elimination
- Irritated skin
- Low-grade infection
- Bloating or Menstrual problems
2. Naturally Detoxing
While there are many detoxifying diets, there are also many some small changes you can make to help your body’s cleaning process. This includes:
- Eating Fiber: Eat plenty of fiber, including brown rice and organically grown fresh fruits and vegetables. Beets, radishes, artichokes, cabbage, broccoli, spirulina, chlorella, and seaweed are excellent detoxifying foods.
- Water With Lemon: Start your day with a glass of water and some freshly squeezed lemon juice. This helps to flush out the toxins and alkalizes the body. Additionally, make sure to drink plenty of water throughout the day to help flush out any toxins.
- Herbs and Teas: Cleanse and protect the liver by taking herbs such as dandelion root, burdock, and milk thistle, and drinking green tea.
- Exercise: Another great way to detox is through exercise. Some good exercise options are yoga, tai-chi, or jumping rope. These exercises help to reduce stress, which is a harmful toxin.
- Sauna: Sweating is good for you. It is the body’s safe and natural way to heal and stay healthy. Body Lyft Detox infrared detoxification happens by heating the body directly, causing a rise in core temperature. This results in a deep, detoxifying sweat at the cellular level, where toxins reside.
The Detox Takeaway
All in all, the best way to detox is by making small lifestyle changes to aid your body’s natural cleansing process. You can do this by exercising, eating a balanced diet, and reducing stress.
Interested in experiencing the benefits of Body Lyft’s Detoxing Sauna for yourself? Get in contact with us! The Body Lyft System provides customized treatment protocols for all ages and body types based on each individual’s needs, thus ensuring the highest opportunity for results at costs more inexpensive than a personal trainer. Body Lyft System uses Image Skincare products and our estheticians can recommend a product that can help get the glow back in your skin!
Not only do we offer treatments to improve your body’s overall appearance, but we also offer skin care treatments including derma-plane, facials, chemical peels, organic peels, micro-needling, LED Light Therapy, and more.