Microneedling is one of the most popular skin rejuvenation treatments out there. After all, it’s a collagen induction therapy that produces amazing results. So how does it work? Well, micro needling uses small needles to make injuries in the skin that help stimulate collagen and elastin production.
Microneedling is extremely effective and comes with many great benefits. However, skin care after microneedling is just as important as the procedure. So what are some of the benefits of microneedling? How should you care for your skin after microneedling?
1. The Benefits
Before we get into the best skincare routine after the procedure, let’s talk about some of the benefits. The benefits of microneedling include:
- Improves fine lines and deeper wrinkles
- Reduces acne scars
- Softens stretch marks
- Evens skin tone
- Lightens hyperpigmentation and sun spots
- Reduces the appearance of pores
- Firms and smooths skin texture
- Heals scars
- Reduces broken capillaries and spider veins
- Brings back the glow for fresher, younger-looking skin
The results will vary between each person, but you can definitely expect to have healthier, younger looking skin.
As I mentioned above, aftercare is just as important as the procedure. In order to get the most out of microneedling, there are a few things you should do after the treatment.
Since microneedling creates micro-wounds in the skin, you cannot return to your normal skincare routine right away. After the procedure, your skin may look as if it has been mildly sunburned. However, these effects are only temporary, usually only lasting a few hours.
It’s important to treat your skin gently after microneedling in order to protect your skin. You should be able to return to your normal skincare routine after a few days.
3. Aftercare Routine
Here are a few basic tips to follow after microneedling:
- Clean: Use a gentle cleanser and tepid water to cleanse the face for 72 hours post-treatment, and gently dry the treated skin. Always make sure your hands are clean when touching the treated area, and do not use a Clarisonic or other powered cleansing brushes for at least one week after your treatment.
- Heal: In order to help your skin heal, try applying serums. Serum antioxidants are best, as its properties are ideal to help heal the skin by soothing and lessening irritation.
- Hydrate: Following your treatment, your skin may feel drier than normal. Hyaluronic Acid is an ideal ingredient you can use to hydrate and restore the skin back to perfect balance.
- Stimulate: In the days following your treatment, and as the skin starts to regenerate, collagen-stimulating peptides are ideal to maximize the effects of the stimulation already started by the microneedling.
- Makeup: We recommend you do not apply makeup for 24 to 72 hours after the procedure. In addition, do not apply any makeup with a makeup brush, especially if the brush is not clean.
- Protect: Immediately after the procedure, your skin professional will apply a broad spectrum UVA/UVB, SPF 25 or greater sunscreen to your skin. Generally, chemical-free sunscreen is best. Keep in mind that you should continue to use a sunscreen everyday—not only the days following your procedure—as part of your skincare routine to protect your skin from sun damage and premature aging.
These are just a few steps to follow post-treatment. Just remember to be gentle with your skin and give it time to heal.
Microneedling Aftercare Summary
All in all, microneedling is an effective treatment that comes with many benefits. However, it’s important to take care of your skin after the treatment. Not only does Body Lyft System offer microneedling, we also offer Image Skincare products to help take care of your skin after your treatment.
Interested in experiencing the benefits of Microneedling for yourself? Get in contact with us! The Body Lyft System provides customized treatment protocols for all ages and body types based on each individual’s needs, thus ensuring the highest opportunity for results at costs more inexpensive than a personal trainer.
Not only do we offer treatments to improve your body’s overall appearance, we also offer skin care treatments including derma-plane, facials, chemical peels, organic peels, micro-needling, LED Light Therapy, and more.